Why do I do this ?

Every new discovery represents a starting point for me. They give me new perspectives and I feel different about my surroundings and the people I meet. The present and all its mysteries is the most important time for me; the only time I can actually feel, change and capture.

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

From Ukraine to India

The weather in Kiev was colder than in Bucharest, but it was sunny as we landed and it stayed like that till sundown. We didn't stroll around to much mainly because we were too tired to do something else than taking advantage of the free wireless internet in the Borislov Airport.
The first thing we encountered in Kiev was a large crowd that was pushing towards the customs area (a plane was supposed to leave in a short while) and we got tangled in the crowd. The thing is that the check-in was supposed to be done before the "crowded  area"(on the left), so our efforts to reach the last waiting room before the flight were in vain. Also, the couches in that pre-area are more confortable than the last ones(as we noticed afterwards), so I would suggest, if you have to make the same switch, to sit patiently on the brown confortable couches from upstairs (before the "body-check").
A lot of Indians and far-east Russians with "long eyes" in the airport, but no fuss, no scandal, everything quiet and tranquile.
Another interesting thing in the airport was that, for the first time ever, a blowing machine actually succeeded to dry my hands in a single blow. Usually I have to restart that machine 2 or 3 times in any other place, but it seems that the Ukraineans know what "dry hands" mean and have set the time to accomodate my needs.
Also, sitting with my notebook near the "socket-area" I was able to witness the process of "duty-free loading" in which 2 or 3 strong men push a large cargo with goods up a ramp to the back of the shops... Funny about that was the part before the big push, where they built up the momentum, and the climbing of the 10 m ramp. It sounded as if a small train was passing through the airport, but nobody seemed to notice that besides me and those men.
Oh well, gravity does have its ups and downs and we have to face them from time to time...
The plane for New Delhi was a Boeing 767-300, the biggest I have ever seen (inside and out).
With 3 columns inside and 7 seats per row, the feeling was more that of a train than an airplane and the take-off seemed to take into consideration the fact that we are about 500 (I believe). The pushing on the back wheels was bigger than that from the first plane - a small model with 3 chairs per row and 18 rows (we were about 50 passangers plus the crew) and the "rocket-launch" feeling was a little stronger, but everything went smoothly.
Also, for the first time, I had a late dinner on an airplane. The only thought that crossed my mind (that entire period) was that if a turbulence would occur we would see slashed cucumbers, rice and tea flying all over the place. Fortunately, my artistic scenario didn't add up so we finished our meal peacefully and took a nap afterwards.

Next stop, New Delhi Airport...

No comments:

Post a Comment