Why do I do this ?

Every new discovery represents a starting point for me. They give me new perspectives and I feel different about my surroundings and the people I meet. The present and all its mysteries is the most important time for me; the only time I can actually feel, change and capture.

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Life is a fistfull of surprises. Enjoy them if you can...

I like to travel and try to make the most out of it. Every step and every mile represents a new achievement for me.
At any given time, there exists an opportunity to do something that is going to change the outcome of your next 20 seconds or even the rest of your life. The thing is that you have to keep your eyes open and, as Bob Dylan said, "don't think twice, it's alright"; act if you feel it's right for you.
About the same thing happend to me when I was presented with a golden opportunity to go to India this winter. I dreamt about going there since the 3rd grade, when I watched "Young Indiana Jones" and his incredible adventures throughout the world, but never actually got the guts or the determination to embark myself in such an endeavour.
When a friend talked to me about that as an eventual thought for a winter holiday(in October), I immediately jumped out and said "I'm in"... He asked me again "are you sure ?" and I was already lookin' to book a plane ticket. It was a bargain - 470 E for a roundtrip Bucharest - New Delhi, and I could already picture myself in the middle of another world, where I wanted to go for a long time.
From now on, the journey begins and in the next 28 days I hope to experience the essence of an India to Nepal trip that will take us through Armristar, Agra, Varanasi, Kathmandu, Kolkata and back to Delhi.
Me, Roxana and Razvan are the 3 travellers through the northern part of India. I hope that I will be able to write down and post our little adventure on this blog as often as we can reach an internet connection. If you like travel stories, maybe you will follow us there with your thoughts.
Farewell !

1 comment: