Why do I do this ?

Every new discovery represents a starting point for me. They give me new perspectives and I feel different about my surroundings and the people I meet. The present and all its mysteries is the most important time for me; the only time I can actually feel, change and capture.

Friday, December 16, 2011

Sandals in December

I love it ! I wear them as much as I can, even 'till the moment I have to get into my winter boots. The perspective of doing that again after I experienced negative temperatures in Bucharest in November and December gave me a new sparkle. It's not terribly hot outside, but enough to do that and not be disturbed by any socks or shoe laces...
Yesterday was simply great. We didn't stroll around too much, but the visit to the Lodhi Gardens (a burial ground for Mohammed Shah, Sikander Lodi, Sheesh Gumbad and Bara Gumbad transformed some 75 years ago into a public park) was exactly what I needed.
We entered there while some kids from school were getting out after a visit with their teachers. 2 of them actually approached me and asked (in French) if I could speak to them. We started talking and all of a sudden, one of them asked me to help him with his grandmother. I didn't understand very well so I asked him again what could I do for him. He told me that he wanted me to talk to her in French, because she didn't speak with anybody who knew French in a long time. Unfortunately, that implied a big detour from our schedule, so I had to refuse him politely... They were pretty good in French, with the usual problems another language poses to somebody who doesn't speak a language from the same lexical family. The thing that surprised me the most was that they didn't know any other foreign language besides French. I asked them about English and they said no. Interesting...
The thing that made my day was the fact that these gardens had some wonderful places and wild creatures you can hardly see in Romania. Eagles, parrots, squirrels, all in the mood for an afternoon shooting session. It's hard to describe the whole picture, but I hope you'll like these images. There are many more, but it's hard to process them on my notebook, so we'll just have to wait 'till I get to Bucharest to see them all.
Enjoy !

 







3 comments:

  1. si eu trag bocancii astia grei dupa mine.... :P. Esti ca un serial pentru mine acum. Astept fiecare postare sa vad ce ne mai spui interesant... Te urasc >:D<! Leo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait until you see the monekeys and one of them steals your wallet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. unii cu bocanci de iarna si coltari , altii in sandale....viata asta ... :)

    ReplyDelete